The Original Hardware Free Back Protector
The Original Hardware Free Back Protector
As the first on the ski and snowboard protection scene with the Slytech 2nd Skin memory cell foam back protector, Slytech has single handedly changed the industry's approach and expectations of what protection should be. Companies all over have rushed to develop and source the magic material â€“ the ultimate compliment to our R&D team.
With the concept catching on, the Slytech playbook of safety and freedom continues to evolve as athletes requests and demands evolve over time. Our riders, from snowboarders like Wolle Nyvelt, Lisa Filzmoser, Antti- Juhani "Naku" Piirainen and Romain de Marchi to the front facing Ted Ligety, Resi Stiegler, and Sarah Schleper have all provided ample feedback on how an already superior product could be made even better.
All fully agree with the focus on freedom and safety. "It's all about being safe, yet having that freedom of movement, that flexibility to move where you want to." said Ted Ligety in an interview at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Games. Added Wolle Nyvelt, "When I ride I don't feel the Slytech 2nd Skin, but I feel safe."
Slytech 2nd Skin back protector is the essential item of your protective gear as it provides protection for the spine, the coccyx (tailbone), the shoulder blades and it gives support to your lower back.
All Slytech 2nd Skin back protectors are certified to the highest levels achievable in accordance with the European Standard EN 1621-1. Level 2 for the Standard version and Level 1 for the Superlight version.
To keep the body completely free, flexible, and comfortable, there are no hard plastic components on the superior elastic material, manufactured to allow for maximum back support and the highest level of comfort.
The protective element is equipped with the latest Slytech 2nd Skin Technology which has been developed with our Concept: total safety, total freedom of movement and total comfort all in one piece.
The 2nd Skin Back Protector Lite also have these technology features:
- ATHLETE DRIVEN: All Slytech products are developed with the input of top skiers and riders from around the globe. They work alongside Slytech engineers to bring to the market unparalleled protection products that truly reflect the needs of the modern snow athlete of all levels and abilities, allowing all snow enthusiasts to push their boundaries to the limit and beyond with confidence.
- 2ND SKIN PROTECTIVE FOAM: The extraordinary behavior of the special polyurethane memory-cell-foam internal microstructure is the key to Slytech's 2nd Skin superior protection and comfort. When worn and warmed by your body heat, the PU memory-cell foam becomes extremely flexible and contours to your body's shape. Moreover, the soft pliable material actually is the most effective shock absorber available in back protection. Laboratory tests show that impact absorption provided by the Slytech 2nd Skin technology is up to 70% less traumatic than traditional body armour.
- MODULAR PROTECTION CONCEPT: Scientifically tested, the Slytech 2nd Skin protectors are more protective than traditional protective gear. Independent studies reveal that when tested against other traditional back protectors with plastic shells, Slytech Back Protectors provide considerably more protection in high impact crashes, keeping you out of the impact danger zone where bones break and serious injury occurs. We have carefully engineered all our 2nd Skin protectors to work with one another as part of our Modular Protection Concept. You can buy and use each piece individually or combine protectors to create a full body system that protects you from head to toe without sacrificing comfort, flexibility and most importantly protection.
- IMPACT INTELLIGENCE: When impact occurs, the PU memory-cell-foam performs as a progressive shock absorber that intelligently adapts to the different forces and speeds of a crash. The shock absorption increases proportionally to the strength of the impact, so your body is protected completely at any impact level. When pressure is slowly applied, the air inside the microstructure of the memory foam is allowed to leak out to the surface, absorbing the blow. In contrast, when quick sharp pressure is applied, the force of the contact traps the air within the microstructure and the protector becomes rigid deflecting the blow. Different intelligent reactions applying just the right protection for every circumstance all the while keeping you warm, comfortable and confident while skiing and riding.
- FITTING TECHNOLOGY: Technology is the making, usage and knowledge of tools, techniques, crafts, systems or methods of organization in order to solve a problem or serve some purpose. At Slytech we realized that no matter how good the materials, no matter how good the engineering, if the item does not fit comfortably on a rider's body, it's not a good product. Our emphasis has always been on making comfortable products that are safe, but allow ultimate freedom of movement. We have therefore invested heavily into using tools, techniques and systems to create those comfortable products. That is Slytech Fitting Technology.
- HARDWARE FREE: To keep the completely free, flexible and comfortable there are no hard plastic components. The protective element is the patented 2nd Skin technology that allows for the back protector to mold to the wearers body and provide dynamic impact protection in accordance with the amount of impact. The harder you hit; the better the protection! No other body protection provides that level of freedom of movement, comfort and protection.